CDI is seeking highly qualified, experienced individuals with a thorough knowledge of Head Start and/or Early Head Start in the areas of Early Childhood Education, Parent, Family and Community Engagement, Health, CACFP & Nutrition, Facilities and Transportation to provide periodic consulting services to Head Start/Early Head Start programs that are under interim management.
These consultant assignments are generally 1-3 weeks in length; and, require on-site, time intensive services to meet Head Start Programs immediate needs and produce results. The work is not a one-shot workshop or training session. Multiple assignments occur throughout the year.
Extensive travel is required. Payment is on a reimbursement basis, with the exception of airfare.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Date: December 10, 2018
Closing Date: December 14, 2018
General Summary of What the Position:
This position is responsible for working in coordination with one or more Region Lead(s) to support and strengthen the transition system utilized by OHS Central and Regional Offices. This position supports the work with the OHS DRS Program Specialist to coordinate communication and activities with Regional Office (RO) Regional Program Managers, Program and Fiscal Specialists for those services areas receiving transition support services. This position may serve as the lead for an assigned service area transition. This position works with the Facilities Manager to coordinate the onsite facilities assessments and the Federal Interest Research Specialist to ensure
accuracyof information and reports submitted to the RO. This position ensures that all aspects of transition management and support provided are consistent with the transition process yet customized to meet the unique needs of each regional office and service area situation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The minimum requirements are:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Education (Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Elementary Education), Human Services, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Family Services or Business Administration.
- A minimum of three years of management experience, including experience in project management, staff supervision, fiscal/budget oversight, and implementation of comprehensive management systems in early childhood programs.
- Extensive knowledge of all Head Start/Early Head Start Program Performance Standards and federal grant administration regulations;
- Experience with NIM and program transitions.
The following are preferred:
- Financial and budget management;
- Program administration and organizational structure;
- Effective transition management.;
- Well-developed public relations and group dynamics skills.
- Read and analyze federal grants;
- Manage an effective, collaborative approach to program transition.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to the closing date.
Community Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity AA, M/F, Vet/Disability Employer