CDI is seeking highly qualified, experienced individuals with a thorough knowledge of Head Start and/or Early Head Start in the areas of Early Childhood Education, Parent, Family and Community Engagement, Health, CACFP & Nutrition, Facilities and Transportation to provide periodic consulting services to Head Start/Early Head Start programs that are under interim management.
These consultant assignments are generally 1-3 weeks in length; and, require on-site, time intensive services to meet Head Start Programs immediate needs and produce results. The work is not a one-shot workshop or training session. Multiple assignments occur throughout the year.
Extensive travel is required. Payment is on a reimbursement basis, with the exception of airfare.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Security Specialist
Post Date: March 30, 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
General Summary of the Position
Responsible for implementing safe and secure environments in early childhood education centers. Duties include completing risk assessments and developing security plans for local centers that serve young children. Also responsible for developing a standardized training program in security and emergency safety procedures (both face-to-face and virtual training) for staff, parents, consultants, and partners. Development and training activities are coordinated with education staff. This position also supports staff in establishing security procedures, policies, monitoring systems and security cameras and tools.
Overall outcomes for the position include:
· Local programs have access to sufficient tools, resources, systems, and support in the area of security to ensure the safety of persons in all facilities for children, staff, families and the community.
· Program staff are supported in their work with programs and receive sufficient support for successful implementation of safe and secure environments.
· Developmentally appropriate security training is created and available to support Head Start programs, early childhood education providers, and schools.
· Site Visits to programs provide consistent and sufficient security support, and ongoing monitoring.
· Monitoring and follow through of identified security concerns is consistent and communication occurs that ensures that all necessary parties are informed of status and next steps to facilitate a safe and secure environment in an expedient manner.
· Reduce liability related to the security of facilities by being a content expert in the area of security.
· Knowledge in establishing safe and secure environments and current best practices in the field.
· Knowledge of active shooter and other security protocols typically used in office and school settings.
· Knowledge of current training resources for maintaining security in office and school settings, such as ALICE.
· Knowledge regarding security systems and tools and/or the understanding to evaluate the appropriateness of newly marketed items.
· Identify and analyze security and safety matters and propose solutions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Head Start and early childhood program staff.
· Exhibit high emotional intelligence.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Deliver effective training in person and virtually.
· Speak, read, and write English fluently.
· Correspondence and reports are clear and concise with accurate spelling and grammar.
· Read, analyze and interpret general business journals and technical procedures.
· Effectively communicate ideas and instructions orally and in writing.
· Ability to lead effective training in person and through webinars and other remote means.
Education and Experience Requirements
· A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· A minimum of 2 years of law enforcement experience, with at least 5 years preferred.
· Preferred experience in delivering safety/security training in school settings.
This position is based in a home-office with travel approximately 50% or more of the time.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to the closing date.
Community Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity AA, M/F, Vet/Disability Employer